Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Perler Beads: Super Mario RPG Coasters and Custom Sprites

We got another commission recently, this time for a wedding! We were asked to make Mario and Princess in a tux and wedding dress, which meant choosing existing sprites from a Mario game and recoloring them in the appropriate attire. Here's how it turned out:

Super Mario RPG Custom Sprites: Mario and Princess in wedding garb
The final product also included a perler piece saying "[blank] Family Est. Jan. 2014". The whole thing was framed by the person who commissioned it, which really added a nice finishing touch.

My other recent project was inspired by the commission, actually; in looking up Mario sprites, I discovered that Super Mario RPG already has sprites of each character's head in a circle, which happen to be just the right size to use for coasters. So of course I had to give it a try!

Super Mario RPG Coasters
I really like how these turned out too! Now I just need to put some cork backing on them, and I'll list them in our shop!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love how wedding-Peach turned out. XD Best commission ever.

    ReplyDelete